Disco has a big vision. We aim to reimagine the future of learning by helping creators make a living teaching what they love to do. Our SaaS learning platform helps creators build, sell and scale live virtual learning experiences like cohort based courses that are social and engaging.
Founded in 2020, Disco is a fast growing startup backed by investors behind Masterclass and founded by mission driven, life-long learners and tech entrepreneurs, Candice Faktor (Wattpad) and Chris Sukornyk (Chango). Disco is a remote-only and globally distributed team and right now we have team members in Toronto, San Francisco and Costa Rica.
We hire for character, passion, curiosity and drive. We value inclusivity and diversity and are looking for the brightest and most passionate people in the world to join us on our mission.
A rare and exciting opportunity to help build a mobile app from the ground up! We are looking for a mobile developer to build the Disco mobile app, set best practices for the rest of the team and deliver the first version of the app to the Apple App Store and Google Play. You will work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure uniformity of user experience across mobile and desktop.
What you'll do:
• Create the baseline mobile application development platform infrastructure
• Define appropriate development and operational procedures, standards, and best practices
• Build mobile architectural models that are replicable and sustainable
• Identify tasks, develop work effort estimates, create work schedules for development and operational maintenance activities
• Collaborate on cross-functional project initiatives and drives toward business goals
• Provide technical development leadership for the team
• Manage application development processes
What you'll need:
• At least 3 years of experience building mobile apps (native or React native or Flutter)
• Familiarity with GraphQL
• Experience in mobile user experience practices & patterns
• Deep understanding of writing tests (unit + UI)
• Desire to work at a fast paced, remote-only startup
• A positive, team attitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Adept at learning on-the-fly to meet customer needs
Why join us?
Worked at Disco, you will have an opportunity to build a world-class platform that impacts the lives of thousands. You'll be surrounded by a talented team who share a common vision of reimagining learning.
• Remote office setup signing bonus
• Lifelong learning budget to take courses to grow and develop
• New state of the art laptop
• Competitive health and wellness benefits